Friday, June 26, 2009

Wow, it's been a while since I've written. Good afternoon my friends. It's been exactly a week since my last entry. Wow. Well, a lot has happened since then, and I will try my best to remember everything.

Well, this week my family started running together. Well, I was running; everybody else was walking. But it's okay, I'm glad they're sitll exercising. I want my family to be as healthy as possible. Maybe they'll run with me soon enough. I think this has brought our family closer. I definitely feel closer to my mom. Yeah, we snap at each other from time to time, but we usually get along well nowadays. On Wednesday, my mom and I persuaded my brother to go jogging/walking with us at Bolsa Chica Beach (the weather was so nice), and afterwards we ate at IHOP and went to the South Coast Plaza. My mom went shopping while my brother and I went to Barnes & Noble's. It was overall a really relaxing, great day. I felt so content. Exercising has now become a family activity I think. Hopefully this will help bring us closer together(:

I also started going to Megastudy this week. I go every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday are math days, while Fridays are English days. I'm more excited about the English class than the math, but I'll study hard in both subjects so I'll be well-prepared for junior year. I'm revisiting Geometry and Algebra 2 while learning Trig, and after every lesson I always get this pounding headache ): No joke. But it's okay. I think it'll get easier every week, and I'll become a math genius by the time summer's over. (...) Okay, maybe not a math GENIUS, but you get my point (: Teacher John also let me borrow an AP US History book so I can be prepared for at least one of my AP classes next year. I've got a summer assignment to do, but I know that I can do it if I really want to do it. Must Work Hard! Please pray for me!

I've also started reading the Bible everyday and writing in a journal. I think that's why my blog posts have been further and further apart. It's kind of hard to keep consistent because I'm busy, but when I'm done reading I feel inspired to become a better christian everyday. I think reading the Bible and thinking more about God has helped me to gain a new perspective. Before I think I'd set myself up for failure by trying to be perfect; but now I just want to do MY best. I'll probably have days when I feel discouraged, but I'll keep on praying and asking God to lend me His strength and ask Him for passion for whatever I want to do. I know He'll answer my prayers, and I'll stay faithful to Him(: I was actually talking to my friend on the phone, and he was asking me all these questions about God that I couldn't answer; I don't think he was trying to persuade me to not believe in God or anything because he's one of my closest friends, but I felt so stubborn when he asked me those questions. Even though I had no answer, I know that God is all-knowing, benevolent, and just (: But I'll study God's word diligently, so if my friend asks again, I'll have an answer for him.

Tonight there's going to be a church bonfire. Pastor Peter is picking me up. Noel and Song can't go, so I'm a little bummed. But it's okay, because Sam's going, and I can get to know Catherine, Alfred, and Michelle a little more(: I don't think I tried hard enough to get to know them, but hopefully God will help me to get over my timidness and we can be good friends (: Hopefully Henry, Susana, and Harah will come too. Then we can all grow closer together as a YG family. YAY! Hahaha.

Well, I think I'll stop there for now. Hopefully you had fun reading this little blog post (: I wish you all an amazing summer, and LIVE WITH NO REGRETS! Hahaha.

xoxo, phoebe

2 comments:

Bao Panda said...

Hey cupcake, its been a while since I read your posts. They have become longer, yeah?

It's great that your family is doing something together. My family is... distant, to say the least.

I saw our friend Alfred yesterday. He says he'll be going to church today and then we might meet up later. Small world, isn't it?

The bible. It's boring, isn't it? I read it a few summers ago. Quite frankly, there's a lot of information that is well, quite useless. But overall it does contribute to growth of character and I'm glad you're reading it.

Happy growing, cupcake!

Anonymous said...

anything anything?