Monday, June 8, 2009

Grr, these past few days have been really horrible. I got into a fight with my mom, and she said I changed a lot from last year. Apparently, I would always do what she said last year, and I never talked back to her. But now, ever since I started hanging out with all these people she doesn't know too well, I've been "influenced" into becoming disrespectful and mean. It's so stupid how she assumes that my friends make me who I am, when it's really just me. I've just been feeling more rebellious and moody lately. It's probably 'cause I'm just a crazy teenager now. It's so annoying to hear my mom rant about "how I used to be" and "how I never talked back" and all this crap that I don't want to hear. These past few days have made me really just want to get away from everything. I can't wait until I go to college and experience some freedom!

But I do realize she's right. I need to study more if I want to go to a good college. I know it's kind of heartless, but I think I want my motivation for studying to be so that I can go to a good college, a college far away from home. I would like that very much. I just want to be left alone sometimes, you know? But I bet I'm being overly dramatic. I can be so spoiled sometimes. I just feel so moody and so horrible about myself that it's really put me down.

It's okay though! Summer's coming up, and so is my Sweet Sixteen (: Another year of my life passing by, and I want to make the most of it! I want to be a person who is on fire for God, a good student, a good Christian, and someone who lives every moment of her life to the fullest; I don't want any regrets. The year you turn sixteen is a very important year, and I want to fill it with amazing memories I never want to forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know your mom could quite possible be a tad bit correct about your fiends influencing you. cos i tend to do things that my friends do without realizing it. but i still agree with you about its just you being a teenager. haha, crazy teens!
it's ok to want to be away from family. trust me on this. my family is HUGE and when i was growing up i was taught that nothing, and i mean NOTHING, comes before family. and all us children in my generation were taught to do was to PLEASE our elders. we FIGHT to get acceptance and more praise from the older generations. it's pretty pathetic if you look at it more. but, no matter what, i want to be somewhere where my family can call me and i'm there in a matter of minutes, even if it does take me a half hour.
i think the last day of school will be liberating for the both of us this year. you and i have been feeling pretty similar. we have becomme disappointed in our own changes and actions, but we can't put ourselves down for that, phoebe. i believe everything happens for a reason, and to me, each thing we do is a lesson to us that needs to be taught and learned. hang in there<3

dae lee said...

NEWWWW YOOOORRRRRRRKKK!

and yes, friends influence you no matter what.